Saturday, June 7, 2008

Puddles! and Tornados!

Wednesday, a tornado like storm blew into the Northern VA area. The power was out everywhere and there was a tornado warning in our area. Lex's school was without power and the kids had to go into the bathroom in the dark and cover their heads. I couldn't get to school fast enough to pick up lex because i kept imagining how scared she must have been sitting in the dark. When I got to school all of the kids were in their classroom, listening to a story. Alexa's teacher, Ms. Nezha, told me that lex was more worried about "mommy" than anyone else. When we got into the car, I asked lex how she did. She told me how the 'lectricity went out and that Olivia was scared and crying. So Lex pretended she was 6 so she could protect Olivia and not be scared!


When we got home, we took a little walk and the storm clouds came rolling through again!



No comments: