Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh canada...

this week, I headed up to Canada for a site visit with Nedley. Even though it was a short trip, we jam packed our visit! We stayed in Hamilton in the province of Ontario which is very close to NY. The flight was only 55 minutes! The people in Canada are SOOOO nice and kind. It is so different than the US.


Anyway, after I was done with my site visit yesterday, I of course, needed to hit a scrapbook store. http://www.creativepapercrafts.com/ and bought some paint. The store wasn't very impressive, but I still had to buy something. Then, last night, Ned and I decided to go to Niagara Falls which is about 50 minutes away. It was FREEZING out! So cold that I had to buy a hat, or a touque as the Canadians call them. i cannot even begin to explain the enormity of how big The Falls are! They are illuminated by different colored spotlights and are just so roaringly loud. It was absolutely amazing and I would have loved to have had my canon rebel to take pictures. The area itself where they are located is a HUGE tourist trap and seems like a version of vegas with all of the neon and chain restaurants.

I convinced ned that we needed to eat dinner at the revolving Skylon restauarant http://www.skylon.com/ in which you take an elevator up at least 20 floors. We sat down for dinner and opened up the menu to find out the prices were outrageous for what really was a tourist trap. Ned got into actor mode and told our waitress that the movement was making him nauseaus and that we would have to leave! I was dying of laughter. :) Anyway, we wound up having a fun dinner at Hard Rock and headed back home!

Anyway, I held my own with my gimpy foot and I'm ready to be home and out of this cold, eh!

No comments: