Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

wrapping paper. I obsess about it all color coordinating with the living room, the tree, and of course, be fun for lex. I also LOVE bows with real ribbon. OCD much?

2. Real tree or artificial?
I grew up with an artificial tree and swore when I could have my own tree, it would always be real. Well for the past 10 years, I've had a real tree...This year, I thought about what I dislike most about a real tree: the stress of finding the perfect tree and cutting it down; putting on 8 million white twinkle lights just so (ask Bran, I had him redo the lights last year b/c they were not wrapped around individual branches. the mess of the needles everyone. Briggs drinking the water. So, this year I caved and bought a gorgeous "faux" Spruce, prelit 7.5 feet tall tree. I'll just spray some fake smell around.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Tonight! November 30th!

4. When do you take the tree down?
Weekend after new years

5. Do you like eggnog?
I'll do a sip, but usually no. do you know how many calories are in eggnog? Like 8 million!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My cabbage patch kid preemie--Caitlyn

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Not a full nativity scene. We have a baby jesus in a little manger/bed. Last year, lex was very concerned that the baby jesus was cold and would cover him up with a tissue. It was just about the cutest thing EVER.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My brother

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Alexa..I could buy out the store for her.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Hmm, i think a candle holder with jesus bleeding on the cross from my ex mother in law.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Another peak at my OCD. Christmas cards are mailed. The stamps need to be christmas stamps.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation---My favorite movie ALL YEAR ROUND.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year, I started early..around the end of October for Lex.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, haven't recycled, but have returned things.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
snickerdoodles, shortbread cookies, hot chocolate

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
white, always

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. Followed by It's Christmas Baby, by U2, Followed by Santa Claus, by Harry Connick, Jr. I LOVE christmas music. We have it playing NON stop in my house right now.

18 Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Used to be travel, but now with Lex, my rule is that she needs to be at home to open her presents. It's hard b/c not only do I have inlaws to visit, but we need to coordinate with Lex's dad.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen and of course, Rudolph. I just had to sing the song to name them!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve with Bran, everyone else on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Crowded stores and my ability to Clark W. Griswald everything (I.e. wanting the perfect, unattainable holiday!) This year, I'm doing all of my shopping online so that I don't have panic attacks...

23. What is a holiday tradition you have?
Ever since I can remember, my mom made my brother sit on the stairs to get our picture taken before we were allowed to go downstairs to see what Santa brought. I've kept that tradition with lex. Another one, is that we always leave cookies for Santa and oatmeal for reindeer food in the yard.

No comments: