Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Where oh where has November gone?

Ever since my birthday, time has been flying for me. I've been travelling the past two weeks back to back trips to Scottsdale (where I got sick on the plane in front of everyone on the flight home!!!) and a trip to Richmond. On top of all that travel, my final proposal for grad school has consumed every waking moment of my time, plus we can't forget Lex's activities and an ear infection....Life is BUSY!

Where to start...Lex has been an absolute doll these days and the 6 month pendulum is up lately. She's ultra creative making up stories and is very dramatic. "Death" and "bleeding" seems to be brought up a lot and I don't think she gathers what these concepts mean exactly, except when one dies, they go away.

Case in point, the other night we were reading in bed, and she got close to the edge. Lex tells me very dramatically, "Mom, if I fall out of bed, I will diiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee." I respond with a "no lex, you might get hurt, but surely you won't dddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie." Lex replies: "But I will bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed." God help me when she's a teenager.

She is also such a singer. She knows the words to so many top 40 songs and her current favorites:

  • All these things that I have done by The Killers or as Lex calls this song: the soldier song.
  • Hello Good-bye, by the Beatles
  • I wanna hold your hand, by the Beatles
  • Getcha Your Head in the Game, from High School Musical
  • Hey Yaa- by OutKast

It is absolutely hysterical to see her dancing, rock star face when she's singing along.

It amazes me the things she knows. Yesterday we had a conversation about air and how air comes from the trees and wind and leaves. I got into science mode and taught her about photosynthesis. Tonight, we were discussing bones and lex told me that if we didn't have bones, we would be squishy. Maybe, I have a little performer/scientist in the making?

She knows SO many words that sometimes I just can't believe the things that come out of her little mouth. My favorite right now, is when she uses the past tense and says things like, Mommy, I miss-ed you. I'm trying really hard to correct her, but sometimes it's just too cute.

Tuesday this week, I received a phone call from Mr. Charles at school and Lex had thrown up. She was acting fine so she remained at school. When I asked her about it later on, she said all excited, "Mommy guess what? I FROWED up in Math and Science. All my friends said "ewwwwwwwww Lexie frowed up. I ate something bad. It was a blueberry muffin." So now, Bran and I cannot help but say "frowed up". Yesterday, Lex also informed me if you dance too hard you will frow up. :)

No comments: