Sunday, November 4, 2007

Deceptively Delicious

When I was in CostCo on Friday, I picked up the Deceptively Delicious Cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld. I couldn't resist: it's pink and green and SOO cute, plus, I've been trying so hard to get Lex to eat vegetables besides corn.

This morning, I was up and out of bed by 8 am and made Applesauce muffins (with carrot puree). They're super yummy and both lex and Bran like them.



I spent my morning pureeing broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potatoes and had flashbacks from 3 1/2 years ago when I used to make all of Lex's baby food....which brings me to the dinner story. I made the Deceptively Delicious Macaroni and Cheese (hidden cauliflower and reduced fat cheese) and homemade chicken nuggets (breaded with japanese panko and sweet potato puree) for dinner. It was all very yummy, except Lex tells me: "These aren't real chicken nuggets, Mommy." My poor child, who only had breastmilk and organic, homemade fruit and veggies, only knows chicken nuggets from Chick Fil A. :) Too funny! Anyway, she ate them and had a muffin for desert so the book has been a success.

1 comment:

twinmama said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for visiting my (pitiful) blog (this is Phen, btw). It's great to hear from you; it looks like y'all have been doing great. I guess you're still in Northern Virginia? I moved to Mississippi just about 6 years ago...I miss Old Town sometimes, but not that DC traffic. anyhow, your daughter is a serious cutie!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! stay in touch, okay?

Phen