Saturday, March 24, 2012

The cure for everything

I've been wearing my bracelet that's stamped with the following quote:  The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea. It's become my mantra for 2012 and it's inspired me for the past 10 weeks of changing my lifestyle.  Today, in spin, I really focused on how far I've come since Jan 1st and I am proud of myself.  


I love how I feel when I'm working out consistently: my confidence is up, my anxiety is down, I'm more productive, more relaxed, more emotionally pliable and seeing my muscles come in again doesn't hurt things either.  For me, it's more than what the scale says, (I'm down 11 lbs) but more about the mental adjustment overall.  I LOVE working out again.  Don't get me wrong, I've been a gym/lifting person since Ms. Benne's forced weight room workouts in track, but I definitely have my gym mojo back in full force and I think it's showing. I've had at least three trainers stop and talk or tease me about being intense or lifting heavy and it feels good.  


I wanted to get this feeling down so if I get in a rut or I get "too busy" to make a workout and that becomes a pattern (i.e. my entire M.O. for 2011), I can look pack at this post and remember how good it feels to be in shape.   


this has been the background on my phone since Jan 1, 2012

No comments: