Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mrs. Puffnstuff

MG's picture to me
Hailey at 2 am...so swollen
MG sends me a text on Thursday night while I'm at the gym: Puppy's face is swollen. He calls the emergency vet and they tell him to give her 50 mg of Benadryl, while I'm racing home to see what's up with our baby.  That night, I sleep with her on the couch because she was so restless and was panting so hard.  I was having flashbacks of infant lexo screaming during her first week of life.  At 2 am Hails is getting puffier....and I know that a visit to the vet is going to happen....
Hail's at the vet, sitting on the scale

Hailey spends the day at the vet, getting IV steriods, some more benadryl and LOTS of attention.  When I pick her up, her swelling has gone done remarkably. I told the tech that I slept with her the night before because I was soooo paranoid that her swelling would affect her breathing and the tech replies:  You're a neurotic one, aren't you?  I would be too with a gorgeous puppy like that.   It was so sweet. Of course, Hailey was EATING up all the attention and treats she gets, plus she was loopy from being on so much benadryl.  She picked out a new toy and we headed home.... Where she immediately lounged on the kitchen floor.  A couple of minutes later I hear snoring and this is what I see: tongue hanging out, her foot on her new toy, and a passed out bulldog!!!! I think she was so happy to be home.

Whew...home
need to catch up on my missing sleep from the night before!
This morning she's almost back to her normal self apart from the 3 bites on her face. It looks like miss trouble maker had a run in with a bee or some other sort of stinging insect that caused her to have a reaction...




No comments: