Saturday, August 30, 2008

Boyds Bear Country

On Friday, to celebrate Lex's last official day of summer, we had a mommy-Lexo day and decided to go to Boyd's Bear Country in Gettysburg, PA. We had a rocky start in the morning and Lex declared that she already had too many teddy bears and didn't wan to go to the "Teddy Bear Musuem." After some convincing, we were on our way.




Once we pulled into the parking lot, which had bear prints painted on it, Lex changed her tune. We had to take pictures of EVERY single bear in site. At least I was able to practice using my camera for my online photography class that I'm taking!

Lex took this picture of me!
Finally, the highlight of the trip...I'm a grandma! Lex "adopted" a baby Panda that she named "Bella" (funny story, last night Bella was renamed Julie). Bella/Julie was swaddled in a blanket, wears a diaper and a baby bracelet, Lex had to promise to take Bella/Julie on adventures, to feed her honey, dress her in cute outfits and be a good mommy.
After we left Gettysburg, I decided that we should stop at Cunningham State Park on the way home to check it out. There was no one there, probably b/c the weather was damp, drizzly and overcast and Lex kept asking me "are we allowed to be hear? Is it dangerous here? Are there bears here?
We walked around for a little bit and then Lex dripped on some moss and that was the end of our little wilderness adventure for my city girl. She declared that it WAS dangerous here and she wanted to go home :)

No comments: