Monday, September 1, 2008

The night before kindergarten

I can't believe my baby girl is starting kindergarten tomorrow. When we talked about it, Lex told Bran and I that she's "a little bit nervous." Today in anticipation of her big day tomorrow, Lex and I made apple cupcakes for her friends to eat at snack time (thank you martha stewart for this easy and cute idea!)


Tonight before bed (Yep, I had her in bed by 7:45 and she was sound asleep by 8:15), we read the book,
"The night before kindergarten", where the gyst of the story is that the kids have so much fun and the parents cry. Well, of course I got all tearful and lex tells me "mommy, I'm still your little kid even though I'm 5 and a half. Kindergarten is just like regular school except now we have to listen." Let's hope I keep it together tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Me said...

So cute, Jen. Love the cupcakes...very creative. And, yep, can you guess...I bought the same book for Olivia and read it to her tonight as well! :-) See you tomorrow at drop off! Boo Hoo!

Amy W said...

OK - so you two need to share those cool books! However, I just found Andrew on the landing waiting patiently for kindergarten to start....it's 5:30!!!!! See you all in a bit!