Thursday, June 14, 2007

Earmuffs and Alexa Shelton, MD

Alexa and I have some of our best conversations on our way to school. This morning was especially enlightening.

Conversation #1
Background: we see a woman running along the bike path.

Alexa: Mommy! That lady is exercising like you. Mommy, I wanna exercise like you.

Jen: Well, Lex we can totally do that. What kind of exercising do you want to do? Do you want to run with mommy? Do you want to lift weights like Mommy does?

Alexa: I want to go to the big gym. But Mommy (said earnestly), I NEED exercise clothes.

Jen: What kind of clothes do you need?

Alexa: Earmuffs!!

Jen (giggling outloud now): earmuffs? Do you mean head phones like mommy wears with her iPod.

Lex: Yes, that's what I meant!

Conversation #2

Alexa: I wanna be a doctor when I'm big.

Jen: Lex, what kind of doctor do you want to be?

Lex: I wanna give kids shots, look at their rash, and help sick kids and mommies.

Jen: Mommy would be so proud of you if you were a doctor.

Lex: AND I CAN WEAR A DOCTOR SUIT.

She is a girly girl after all...

No comments: