Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mommy Guilt

Today, I went on a tour of private preschool to potentially move Alexa, too. It was unbelievable---hardwood floors, ceramic tile, latte bar for the parents. Like her current preschool, this school costs more for preschool than my undergrad tuition+ room and board for year.

The tour guide, there, hit the nail on the head for me...she told me that the kids really don't care what the building looks like, its all for the parents. All the kid wants is a teacher who loves them and cares for them. It made me think back to my elementary school. Do I remember what the classroom looked like or how big the playground was? No, not really. I remember that I loved my teacher, Mrs. Churchill and that was really all that mattered.

Needless to say, I'm still not sure where Alexa will be going to school come next year.

Decisions...Decisions... Decisions....

1 comment:

KellyA said...

Wow, Jen...that's some preschool! I'm sure Alexa is going to be happy wherever you decide to put her.

Thanks for checking out my blog! I love the pictures of Alexa on here. She's such a cutie!!